Following are the dental care tips that every child should follow:
1. At-home oral hygiene: There are a number of factors that can cause tooth decay in toddlers and young ones. Implementing at-home oral hygiene practices goes a long way in protecting the teeth of young ones.
Brushing with fluoridated toothpaste, flossing, limiting the intake of sugary foods and drinks are some of the practices that can help combat tooth decay. You can also hire Pearl City children’s dentist online whenever you need.
2. Thumb suckers, stop! It has been proven that continuous thumb-sucking could be a significant cause of dental problems, especially leading to the top row of teeth moving forward and requiring braces for correction.
3. Brush at Bedtime: The earlier children realize that it’s important to brush before they hit the bed; the quicker it becomes a part of their daily routine.
Parents can choose to set a good example and even turn this into a family routine so you can supervise and support your child at the early stages of brushing at bedtime.
4. Visiting a Dentist: According to the American Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (AAPD) you should visit the dentist with your child shortly after the first tooth appears.
It is recommended that you take your child at least twice a year for routine check-ups and frequently if you notice any problems with their teeth.
Try to remove any negative opinion of visiting a dentist and make an appointment for family dentistry as and when required.
5. Flossing: The right time to start flossing your child's teeth is when two teeth touch each other. Till they develop the dexterity to floss independently, it is advisable that you help them learn how to floss.